S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ZQ8 Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm in a serious need for a new set of shocks. what are a good replacement dor the factory zq8 shocks. also i don't know if it will make a difference but i have lowere the ass end another 2" to level the truck out. thanks in advance

·
ZQ8 Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine actually took a 2" block on the passenger side and a 1.5" block on the driver side.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Z10 said:
mine actually took a 2" block on the passenger side and a 1.5" block on the driver side.
What year is your truck??? And is it reg or extended cab?

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
Z10 said:
i'm in a serious need for a new set of shocks. what are a good replacement dor the factory zq8 shocks. also i don't know if it will make a difference but i have lowere the ass end another 2" to level the truck out. thanks in advance
Nitro Drop Shocks are the best out there IMO......

·
ZQ8 Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i took a 2" block and cut it down using a ban saw then you can even it out on a belt sander. just make sure you leave enough material so when you even it out you don't take to much off.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
doetsch tech are very good i use them on all the truck i lower. are you sure the zq8 are messed up. I allways try to keep the zq8 shocks because they are the best. Hotckis i think makes a bilstein replacement for our trucks like 45 each and worth it. Did you take the shocks off and they have no compression in them?

tony

·
The Original A D M I N
18,797 Posts
Honestly I like the HAL 12 ways. Used them on the Maro and will be using them on the first gen!

Yeah I got one finally!!

will get some pics up as I do the deed of lowering it.

before and after. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts