S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have 2 inch drop spindles and 2 inch springs goin on the front and 4 inch blocks in the rear. Can I get away with stock shocks and if so what’s a decent budget shock. I was looking at bilsteins off eBay for around 300 or Monroe’s which are a lot cheaper but if I choose Monroe’s which ones does everyone recommend? Or would drop shocks be better? If so which ones give a good ride? Thanks all

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'd ask a Belltech technician on what they would suggest using. Or maybe a local shop near you that does lowering and ask them for their opinion on what would work best for your application.

·
time to get cereal
6,836 Posts
I use a stock Bilstein shock with 1.5" ZQ8 springs. I'm sure a stock shock will still work for 2".

Reactions: Mostizzle

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well then there's always MC Gaughy's, have you tried them?? There in the same town I live in. Otherwise I don't know of anyone else. As I'm into severely lifted 4x4's and 2wd's lifted to the max.

·
Gun Totin *******
1,847 Posts
I have used Edlebrock drop shock and they worked very well prior to my coil over conversion I was 4/5 static on a single cab shortbed. I ran through the "Nitro" drop shock as they lasted less than a year. The edlebrocks as i recall were pricey at around $100 a pair but worked well for me.

Edit: In theory you can use a stock shock with a 4 inch block in the back as the shock mount does not change locations it just moves the axle. Not sure of what ride will be like. The old school hack for the front way back in the day used to be use a 1-1.5 spacer on the lower mount and longer bolts to make up for the drop or cut spring.

·
murse
13,212 Posts
Might be a bit of a thread dig but these are the ones I ordered and plan to run when the truck is back with me. The description says they are set up to run on a truck with between 3-5" of drop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts