S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the lift on my 95 blazer 3.5 fabtech spindles up front and add a leafs in the back. It sits on stock 98 blazer wheels with 265 75r15 with no clearance issues , but i need help pickin out the right shocks. Im going to be pulling a boat and want the best possible shocks to put on it. Red Baron i remember i saw you talk about shocks once but i cant find that thread any longer. Anyone please help . ALL suggestions on shocks will be welcomed thankyou

·
Registered
873 Posts
Myself and RedBaron both use Bilstein heavy duty shocks from AutoZone.
The shocks we use are $59.00 each (special ordered) they will take about 5 days or less to get them and you can order them online. (AutoZone does not charge for standard shipping)

·
Registered
873 Posts
You want Bilstiens for the 2wd S10 (non ZQ8 and ZR2) RedBaron uses front shocks from a fullsize truck because of the lift he has, you just have a spindle lift so stock size shocks will work fine.
RedBaron uses stock size shocks in the back because he has is a Leaf over axel in back so there is know need for a longer shock, I on the other hand use shocks from a ZR2 in the back because i've used a different technique.

The thread your looking for is here:
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162873&page=1

·
2wd Lift Expert
1,437 Posts
PeeWee is almost right on the money. Ya, my shocks are availible at auto zone but I got the fronts at Kar-Tek in Riverside. They cross referance to a 91 to 99 Chevy Suburban 2500 2wd. Only use them with a coil lift. I only recomend the Bilstiens. They are a very good gas charged shock with multivalving for all terains, street or dirt.

·
Registered
873 Posts
HAPPY B-DAY RED:p

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
The Red Baron said:
Who told you?
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/member.php?userid=37032

Haha...old man!!

For the last week, I've looked through this forum a dozen times just researching 2wd lifts, and I've got to say that you have managed to put together a rather informative bit of information. May think about building a lifted 2wd after i finish my bagged one ;)

·
Registered
873 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Old maybe but full of wisdom for us beginning to build our first s series trucks. lol jk Thanx for the info on the shocks i have them ordered, they have to be better than the monroe sensa tracs i have. again thanx all for your help.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I blew out both Rancho's on the front of mine in less then year with 95% street driving :rant:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts