S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I would like to know if there is a need to “extend” the shock absorbers or to change standard length for extended length shock absorbers when doing a coil spring lift via 1” spring spacers. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
20,491 Posts
Hello. I would like to know if there is a need to “extend” the shock absorbers or to change standard length for extended length shock absorbers when doing a coil spring lift via 1” spring spacers. Thanks.
It will still have same droop length as stock shock. You will hit bump stop before shock bottoms out.

I'd recommend getting actual lift spring if you can afford it. Otherwise save the money until you can afford it.

And the money for alignment after that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd recommend getting actual lift spring if you can afford it. Otherwise save the money until you can afford it.

And the money for alignment after that.
It is not the same high adding 1" coil spacers than switch to a 1" taller coil spring?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
spring spacers? your talking about the ones being sold on EBay?
You know if it was me, I wouldn’t even waste my time with those spring spacers, don’t even know anybody using those on S10’s they seem to of popped up on eBay over the last couple years, And they’re being sold by individuals and companies who are not really into lifting vehicles. Since you’ll be taking out the coils to put those spring spacers in anyway why not just get a pair of Moog springs instead, if you have a V-6 in your S10 a pair of Moog 5664s or if you have a four-cylinder in your S10 a pair of Moog 5662s they will lift your vehicle between one and 1 1/4 inch after the spring settles, I’ve been using these springs for close to 20 years to lift S10’s and they work great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
89-S-Dime
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing