S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2K w/ ZQ8 and factory shocks. Looking for a better set of shocks. All I have seen that accomodates the ZQ8 are the Edelbrocks. Any one tried these? Like/Hate em?

(I'd consider Bilsteins or others, but no one lists apps for the ZQ8, only stock heights.) My fillings are starting to get loose. :bah:

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
well here is my $.02. after driving a standard 97 s10 for a year and half. and now owning a 98 ZQ8 for a year i have to say that the shocks on the ZQ8s are pretty damn good. i cant see that the edelbrocks or any others being that much better, or enough to justify paying 45 or 50 bucks a shock for a lil better ride. this is just MPO though.:thumbup:

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
I bought the edelbrocks and I have them on right now. that valve really does work, I was sceptical but it does work. Its a real nice ride. my only complaint is that they arnt stiff enough. not worth $290 for 4 though.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
my 5.5 7 rides better than the stock zq8 set up and im on 18s. teh zq8 springs are stiff the shocks are fine. i still have the stock ones on my truck. also if i lower others peoples truck i keep those shocks. its the springs that ride stiff

tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts