S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to ship out some 18" KMC Bofa wheels I sold. I have the boxes and all to ship them, but im wondering what kind of pacaking I should use?

I have tons of newspapers laying around and scrap cardboard. Any tips on how to ship them safely? They are alrady mounted on tires as well. I just dont want them to get damaged or anything.

I bet the ups guy is going to be pissed cause there over 70 lbs each!!:mixed: :mixed:

·
work in progress
2,628 Posts
well since there are tires already on them, you only really need to worry about scratching the front or back or the rims. Just pack them with bubble wrap or crumpled up newspapers all around them and then tape the box up like crazy. Oh and the ups man dont care, they just get to charge you more. :D

·
Banned
500 Posts
Bro i work at a UPS store, the best way to do it and cheapest is if the tires are on and inflated. If they are inflated the tires should touch and not the rims if you put them face to face and zip tie them togehter and then tape the hell out of them. Ship 2 together, it's still going to be a little pricey but alot cheap than sending them in the box that you would have to use. With UPS its priced more by size than weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts