S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just bought a set of Mondera B 52 wheels no tires off ebay. The guy emailed me back today and wants $256 for shipping from New york to Toronto, Can with ups. Does this sound right because it seems a bit high to me. Also, before he wanted $120 for shipping in the original auction but now it is a lot higher than I thought. What do you guys think?
Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
245 Posts
well depends on the size and shit like that, and weight but shipping from seatle to edmonton was $150 plus a $80 dutey fee at the boarder

·
Isn't orange anymore!
393 Posts
see if you can find a trucking company that will bring them across the border for you...it'll take a little longer, but will be way cheaper. Oh, and as shawley said, don't forget about getting raped with duty fees and brokerage.

·
2LO4BC
2,859 Posts
bdydrgns15 said:
see if you can find a trucking company that will bring them across the border for you...it'll take a little longer, but will be way cheaper. Oh, and as shawley said, don't forget about getting raped with duty fees and brokerage.

ya..expect a large sum of cash from the duty bastards. my front air suspension cost me 200 worth of duties :rant:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well i've heard of a way to sorta get away from the shipping charges, if they are packages as like MADE IN THE USA, or something like that, then u won't get raped

·
"Something cool here"
245 Posts
If he wanted 120.00 for shipping in the auction and you won it. He's screwed. He can't raise the price after the auction is over.

·
Registered
245 Posts
yea, butttttt

he doesn't have to cover the shipping at the boarder, the dutey and broakerage fees u get from UPS after it has been shipped thru

it's a ****ing bitch

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya i know about the fees and stuff at the border but I think I will only have to pay gst and a brokerage fee since the rims are used.

·
s10***** whore.
1,118 Posts
ya i got raped... ordered my rollpan from grantfab customs, 49.99 for rollpan, 35 for shipping an 57.85 for duty an crap

so the total is. 49.99USD+35USD =103.727CAN+57.85 = 161.57 for a rollpan that cost 49.99

·
Sittin on Chrome
1,405 Posts
dansxtreme said:
Hey guys just bought a set of Mondera B 52 wheels no tires off ebay. The guy emailed me back today and wants $256 for shipping from New york to Toronto, Can with ups. Does this sound right because it seems a bit high to me. Also, before he wanted $120 for shipping in the original auction but now it is a lot higher than I thought. What do you guys think?
Thanks, Dan
Sounds High to me, you will also pay GST & Brokerage on the value of the wheels.
If you put MADE IN THE USA, you will pay brolerage, that is the whole point, so that wont work.

Your best bet is to have him ship to your nearest border crossing for the original shipping amount & pick them up.

·
Registered
611 Posts
yeah, if you go to the border and take them across yourself, just hide them in your trunk. Chances are, they won't check you, but if they do... get a fake receipt that shows a cheaper total. I know when my dad and I were taking furniture INTO mexico to his house, he got fake receipts so he only had to pay %17 of $400 instead of $2000

1 - 14 of 14 Posts