S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 2.2L 5 Speed and I want to get a t-handle. but i would like to only replace the knob if possible. not the whole unit. does anyone know where i could buy one and how to get the knob off the shaft? i cant get it off

·
51,327 Posts
good luck getting a t handle to make up to the stock shaft...it would be tough, as wide as the top of the shaft is...might need to break down and buy a hurst for your truck, and then get a t-handle that fits it...

....or...lol

you could go my route, i picked up a indy 3 speed universal hurst assembly from a swap meet for 20 bucks, the best looking one i could find, i welded a nut to it, so it just threads onto threaded shaft, just like the stock shifter, and is reversible, i like the looks of the hurst, but i don't really care for the short shifts, plus, i mean hell...it isn't a racecar...but it was out like 25 bucks total, after i had to drive a half hour in gas up to buy the $2 nut, and the cost of the shifter itself..haha.

i had my mom stitch me up a shift boot out of suede, to match the rest of my interior, and it looks right at home in the truck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts