S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to get the shifter knob off my 85 with the 5 speed im thinking its pressed on or something cuz it wont unscrew

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Never tried removing mine...but there is a hex head under the shifter knob, you may have to isolate the shifter itself with a pipe wrench, then use a open end wrench under the shifter knob.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
theres no nut under my shifter knob

·
No longer a pizza tech.
12,165 Posts
if its factory, there should be a nut. If its the factory knob with no nut it will screw off. The stick is threaded on down under your boot also, that might be spinning. Best bet is to hold the stick with something while trying to take the knob off. sometimes they get super stuck on.

I tried getting one off in a vice. the threads were so rusted together that the threaded insert inside the knob was spinning.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok well I know about the threads down on the bottom I've had the stick out and tried but I will try in a vice

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok well ill have to try putting it in a vice when i got to my grandfathers cuz my dads isnt bolted to a workbench rightnow and try to take it off

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok will do once i get over this cold

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i got her off it was pressed on thanks guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.