S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any problem removing the bulb from the Idiot light on the dash "Shift Now" light, I have driven stick shifts for over 35 years including a diesel fire truck with stick for a living, I don't need this stupid light and it drives me nuts I just picked up this 95 S10 for a project truck. Love it so far, couldn't believe it when I pulled out of a parking lot the other day and wound it out in 1st and popped the clutch it actually barked the tire, not bad for a 2.2L.

·
Truckin'
273 Posts
Nope, no problems at all...

Removing the cluster is a fairly major process but not too difficult. You'll need to drop the steering column slightly by removing two bolts located under the cluster. After that and removing other stuff in the way, the cluster will pull right out.

Looking at the back of the cluster the bulb is on the top left and labeled "up". Just twist and pull.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's simple to do as stated, but make sure you align the board back up on back before reinserting it or your gauges may not work.

Thanks just wanted to make sure it wouldn't cause any problems with the computer or other things, got to pull half of the stuff off any way to put in a cd player so it won't be that bad a job.It has a cassette player in it and I just got rid of about 200 tapes I had from my DJ days in the early 80's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts