S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i want a t-type grip shifter knob for my 2.2L 5 speed. but i can only find ones for a regular automatic. I dont want to replace the whole shifter and crap. just the knob if possible. thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
what year truck? if its 82-97 knob just unscrews but if it a 98+ the knob has to be cut down the center ,for example think of this as the shifter (I) <knob
[]
[]
you have to cut it in half( were the I is) and peel it off, you may have to grind down the shifter inself depending on the size hole of the new knob, P.I.T.A but worth it, just get a shifter at a junk yard from a 94-97, its a lil taller but some like it

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i saw this on a few posts. but i then i thought...couldnt i cut the knob off and instead of grinding the whole thing to a smaller circle couldnt i drill a hold in the middle the size of the hole in the new knob and just put a screw without a head into both? of course after threading the shift rod.

·
The Blue Pwns Joo!
1,901 Posts
Maybe if you make one more thread about this you'll notice that nice shiney search button in the upper left corner...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts