S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a momo shift knob in my truck. The one I found only fits a shaft of 16mm or less. Does anybody know if this will fit in my truck.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I don't know what year your truck is but if it's like mine I had to cut and break the factory knob off. If the new knob is too small you can grind the end of the stick down. I had to grind mine smaller to fit the knob I have on mine. Hopefully the knob you want has allen type set screws to hold it on. You may have to grind down the collar that covers the set screws also to get it to fit.

Here's a pic of mine

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2676

You'll have to scroll down a bit to see it. The pic quality isn't that great though. My digital camera wouldn't cooperate with the lighting inside my truck.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Check this out I took a good size bolt that fit in the momo nob and flipped it upside down and welded it to the top of the nob all I did was cut it off the hight that I wanted it and welded now I have three momo nobs two custom painted. Works great. Prettty easy if you don't know how to weld go to a nearby college and have a welding instructor do it probably cost $10 bucks. Minus the Momo Nob Of course.

·
Registered
389 Posts
blks10 said:
how did you break your factory knob off?
Took the whole thing out and cut it off with a hack saw It's like a rubber poly compound easy to do. Just time consuming took about and hour to do the whole thing. Now it takes about 3 minutes to change the nob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts