S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
NO REGRETS
12,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a beer tap that i want to use as my shifter.
it is 12" tall, so i would like for it to start at the shift boot, and come all the way up to where the factory knob is. my question is how should i got about doing this?

ive thought about cutting the original shifter down to the boot, then welding on an adapter that i could screw the tap onto.

i also thought about unscrewing the whole shifter and trying to just screw the tap where the shifter is supposed to go.

any suggestions will help! thanx

·
LS ONE
2,142 Posts
probably unlikely that the tapper will be the same threads, you may have to have an adapter made that has the tapper threads on one side, and the shifter threads on the other, or if you have access to a lathe, you could make it yourself, in any case, sounds like a cool mod

purplepassion said:
i just got a beer tap that i want to use as my shifter.
it is 12" tall, so i would like for it to start at the shift boot, and come all the way up to where the factory knob is. my question is how should i got about doing this?

ive thought about cutting the original shifter down to the boot, then welding on an adapter that i could screw the tap onto.

i also thought about unscrewing the whole shifter and trying to just screw the tap where the shifter is supposed to go.

any suggestions will help! thanx

·
blahh
1,392 Posts
sounds cool post pics of that tap and it might be alil help on figuring something

·
blahh
1,392 Posts
is there any way to thread the bottom of it? and I think it may have threads already and if it does you might just be able to replace the stock stick and all

·
how low can you go
2,745 Posts
my one buddy put one on his 1st gen s10 and i think the threads threaded right onto the stock thread not sure but i think it did.

·
NO REGRETS
12,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats what im hoping, but i seriously doubt that it'll be that easy.
if that doesn't work, ill probably just bore the hole in the tap out and rethread it.

·
I hate my truck.
2,747 Posts
That would be your best bet as long as there's enough metal so you do crack it on a hard shift. Make sure to toss up a picture when you get it on, should look pretty bad ass. Maybe ill try and find a hiny long tap like that and steal your idea lol.

·
NO REGRETS
12,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea, ive been wanting to do it forever but ive never seen it done.
over spring break i saw one in a jeep, and thats wen i decided that i was going to quit thinking about it and just do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts