S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okae..is there a difference between a shift kit and a short shifter? cuz i plan on gettin a ASE chip some time next month..and i think they said that it wont be good if u had a shift kit...does that mean short shifter too?
cuz i wanna get a short shifter later on..the b&m one..it's just shorter throws..
but yea is there a difference between those 2? i hope there is..
thanks guys

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Shift kits are for automatics. If you have an manual then it wont matter if you have a short shifter or not. A chip will not affect the tranny. If you have an auto then the kit will affect the chip which is why they say that.

But I thought they went out of business?

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh okae..
um i dunno..there site is still good...they had a pop up sayin that they arent in stock for american chips..but it's gone now so i guess they're back in stock...
i hope they aint out of business....thanks again

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
ASE has never been out of business, thats an unfounded rumor...LOL

A short shifter will help you with your shifts by making them shorter and more accurate meaning you can get the tranny in gear better....it is for manual transmissions.

A shift kit will help make an AUTOMATIC tranny shift harder and quicker, it holds back a certain amount of fluid and builds up pressure between shifts making it shift harder and more responsively

Caleb

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okae..thanks
i have a manual..and yea want a short shifter so i can have shorter throws and hit the gear faster and not be so much at risk of missin the gears...and my 3rd gear is fcukin up already so i want that and imma get a tranny flush..heh thanks again!!!!!!!

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Tranny flushes are for automatics. You have a 2003 truck with a manual in it, you wont need a oil change in that tranny for many years..

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
amsoil makes a synchromesh replacement? I thought that the only thing for it was GM fluid?

Caleb

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heh the tornado distributor is also the amsoil distributor.....i love it wen i find out good products for vehicals before the other guys do..well around on this island anyway bwhhahahahaha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts