S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Roughly how much am I looking in getting my door handles, 3rd brake light, and tailgate handle shaved? Also, Anyone done suicide doors? Im seriously thinking about it. Let me know!

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
at a local body shop by my house, i was qouted at $100 for each handle including paint. plus $120 to weld in a roll pan. the brake light might need some more work though.

·
Registered
821 Posts
01ZQ8 said:
Roughly how much am I looking in getting my door handles, 3rd brake light, and tailgate handle shaved? Also, Anyone done suicide doors? Im seriously thinking about it. Let me know!
i really want suicide doors! i have looked into it, i found a shop about 2 hours from where i live that will do them for 500 per door and 75 an hour on top of that!!!!! i think this may be kinda high, so i am going to look around town and see if anyone is willing to do it. let me know if you have it done how much it costs you.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I talked to a guy that had them done. It was an older car though. He payed $1000 for both of his doors and that included all work and shaving the handles. I worked some car shows for a local body shop this summer so hopefully they will cut me a deal. I havent talked to them yet though. Im also hoping that my third door wont be an issue. If it is, Ill just have them shave that too!

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
100 a handle? thats not bad at all, they want like twice that around here....i'm thinking about it after christmas

·
Registered
224 Posts
100 bucks???

That shop has gotta suck. Remember you get what you pay for. Make sure they WELD them in, and dont use that panel bond crap.

·
Registered
224 Posts
and those suicide doors??

That is way too cheap. That is not something to let some ****ing immigrant handle...lol...It should cost at least twice that to get it done. Iknowthis sounds dickhead-like, but quit being such a bunch of cheap *******s!!! Save your money and sendit to a realshop. Not just some pop up "kustom" shop. Stock that still works and looks good is better than cheap kustom, that looks chatty and endsup ****ing up a month later..Theres a reason good kustom shopds cost so much, it's because they are worthit!!Call up a good placethat you see theirwork in magazines, and use their price as a guide. If the shop you are wanting to use isn't even close to as expensive, that has gotta tellyousomething about them. Roll into a show with 100 dollar shaved handles and 1000 dollar suicides, and learn how to become a walking talking rolling joke in no time!! Again no offense, I just get tired of people trying o lowball me all of thetime!!!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The guys Im going to arent cheap... In fact they do excellent work. And Im not exactly sure sure what its gonna cost cause I havent looked into it. I just said that one guy I talked to got his done for that. But like I said it was an old car, so Im sure the prices will be different. :thumbup:

B

·
0 Posts
street boutique customs shaved my door handles for 75 a handle, that was for a "rough in" he basically shaved em and slapped some bondo on em, they werent very smooth, i was scared they were warped....my friend has been doing the smoothing, and prepping for paint, it turns out that they werent warped just literally "roughed in" like he said....so it was 75 bucks for the welding (per door) and my buddy is doing the body/painting, hes just charging me for paint....one think i've learned from biuilding a truck and showing it is if you do the suspension and rims and stuff first, then start showing, you start to meet people and make connections, a lot of these guys at shows will tell you they did there own work in there garage, and in most cases will give you a better price than a shop. and since they're felloe enthusiasts, take more time and care

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ahhh...

Il bet yu know my buddy Big John Pinney, Tim built his whole truck a couple of years ago(the yellow and white one). He was just here partying with us...

B

·
0 Posts
i know the truck your talking about, the s10 right? its been in mags? i dont know the guy personally. but ive shown at shows hes been at. his truck is awesome. my only complaint about SBC is that that guy tim kinda gave me the impression he felt i was "wasting his time" since i wasnt spending thousands of dollars the 2 times i went to him....my tailgate didnt turn out very good, it needs to be repainted, i was pretty upset since the reason i went to him is because i saw the awesome bodywork on that yellow truck up close.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Umm...

No offense, but the bodywork on Jon's truckwas ok at best, and his paint was well.... He wanted me to repaint it at one tme, but decide instead to just sell it. That's actually how I met him, we both had stuff in the SEMA show in Vegas in 99', and weve been buds ever since. Im gettin ready to do a caddy for him rigt now...Im sure youll see it around..haha

B

·
0 Posts
none taken!

no, trust me i'm not offended at all, it's nice to know that i'm not the only one out there that realizes SBC isnt really all its cracked up too be. like i said earlier i was less than satisfied by my tailgate, i new better with my doors, i had him just shave them, i wasnt gonna let him touch them with any paint. that yellow s-10 looked awesome to me at the time, but i didnt even own a truck at that time let alone know anything about bodywork, it'd be interesting to look at it again now that i have a better eye for it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts