S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
i <3 my truck
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have another question for all you guys, and i need your opinions.

i want to shave the tailgate handle on my dime but with my checkmate fiberglass cover (latches down from the inside)....what are some recomendations on what i can do to have both the tailgate handle shaved, and keep the cover locked from the inside?

·
i <3 my truck
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on..no one has any suggestions???

·
i <3 my truck
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good call..i forgot they made an external lock...

the bed cover is nice as hell though - made really well and fits like a glove

·
Static Slammed
1,138 Posts
i was thinking you could maybe use a trunk release cable or something to pop it open like a car trunk but im just gonna get the external locks to save a lot of hassle for myself cuz with that you could mount it inside the cab and not have to worry about keys but then you have to get a big cable and find a good place to mount the latch

·
gtfo now
1,610 Posts
I figure I'm gonna get a pair of heavy-duty actuators and stick them on my tailgate and just drop the handle altogether. I don't like the way the relocated handles look at all.

I'm debating on a hard tonneau or a soft snapless one from LeBra. I may go ahead and et the snapless one for now due to the stuffI have to haul back and forth annually...

If I get a hard tonneau, I'll likely throw an actuator for the lock on that as well. After all, what am I gonna do with the other two buttons on my little remote unlocker thingy? lol

Anywho, those are my ideas for my truck. If you would do actuators on the tailgate, then that would be a bit troublesome to implement. custom fabrication. But me, I'm going all out...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts