S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an xtreme...How hard is it to get the emblems of the doors? Will they come off in one piece? Will they break? I would like to know because i want to use them for a project...thx in advance :troutslap

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
Yeah, like he said.. a good Ole' hair dryer and little patience you should be able to take them off with ease.. :)

Another thing, after you removed the logo, use a "Pre-Kleeno" or "Goo-off" to take off the remainer of adshesive off. :thumbup:

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
Use a piece of fishing line...put it behind the emblem..it will pill the tape right off...then use some 3m emblem remover and take off the rest of the sticky stuff...works great..and there is no risk in breaking the emblems.

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
xtremer-pxl said:
Use a piece of fishing line...put it behind the emblem..it will pill the tape right off...then use some 3m emblem remover and take off the rest of the sticky stuff...works great..and there is no risk in breaking the emblems.
works great:thumbup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I still have to do mine, but I was told by many that GM puts 2 clear coats on, then the emblems, then another clear coat. So you are mssing a coat under the emblems. The advice that I have been given is to wax immidiatly after removing and washing so your paintjob stays in good condition.

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
yeah...i took mine off right before giving it a good wash and wax.....can't tell anything

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
I used a heat gun and a library card to peel of my decals. Worked real nice, I used Goo Gone to take off the glue and then I waxed the whole truck! Looks great! You can take of dealership stickers the same way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts