S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
V8 needin' member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have a 85 s10 pickup and i was just wondering if any of u guys have welded shut the corner markers on yours? if so was it a ***** to make the panels to fill the holes... i have my old fenders to use as scrap metal so thats not a problem... thanks:thumbup:

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
I think I remember seeing a place that sold the panels in one of the mags.

·
V8 needin' member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah so do i but i dont think they make a panel for the first gen. s10's cause the headlight bezel is one piece that goes around the corner marker too.. which means i have to cut that also...im going to do it on sat. afternoon so ill let u guys know how it turned out

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Take some pics and post the of the whole operation so I can see what you did as I may want to do that also!

·
V8 needin' member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah man i planned on doin that.... i kinda made a templat tonight at work so im gonna make the real steel ones on sat morn and hopefully have them welded in by the end of the day

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
Hey,
I got my fender corners shaved on my project 87 S. The bezel is cut right at the crease for a clean fit. I'm planning on upgrading my frt. grill real soon and may be redoing the metal. You can see pics of it on our club's website. Just look under Chapter 1, Founder.

lata
Mike

·
V8 needin' member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks man yeah i planned on cuttin the bezel right there at the seem so it'll be as clean as possible
thanks again

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
no prob, our indy chapter president fabbed the fenders for me, which helped me out alot being that I'm not skilled with metal work yet or know how to use a welder lol... YET

·
V8 needin' member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got one of the fillers made today...i used my old fenders as scrap to make them with and it turned out pretty good just need to make another one and start the welding then filler

·
V8 needin' member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1bad...did u have problems getting the sheet metal to bend at the right curve.. was there a special tool that u used or anything like that....i have mine made but the curve isnt as good as i thought?
thanks man

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sorry it took so long. You are going to have to build a bracing system or some kind of suport to help you round the metal. I used some inch by inch box metal to make mine. Then you cut metal a few inches long start from the back and start welding as you weld bend and hammer and you should get a great curve. I can make a diagram if you want because it is hard to explain the main thing is the brace.

·
V8 needin' member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cool yeah if u could make me a diagram that would kick ass... i havent got around to welding them in yet cause im tryin to take care of this high idle problem..anyway a diagram would be helpful...u can email it to me if u [email protected]
thanks man
russ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.