S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Any quick tips? Some fishing line and goo gone?

Cheers,
Russ

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
RuSsMaN said:
...Any quick tips? Some fishing line and goo gone?

Cheers,
Russ
I used a heat gun and PB blaster to do mine. It worked great, but a guy told me that GM sells something espically for taking badges off. I don't know the name of the product but you could call and talk to one of the body guys.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
easiest way..... wd 40. spray a heavy coat of wd 40 on the badge and carefully peel it with your fingers. the wd 40 breaks down the adhesive so it should peel in one piece.

you might need a little heat gun on the LS. same thing, heat it up slightly, then peel it off. heat sorta melts the adheasive. dont use too much heat or you will peel the paint.

wash and wax and your done. i did mine last weekend, and it looks awesome. shaved all of them, now my truck looks naked.

good luck.:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
I used a hair drier and fishing line for most of the badges.
For the LS badges on the cab, I used dental floss.
I tried both WD40 and ordinary auto wax and each removed the glue residue equally well.

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
i used a hair dryer and a credit card.......came off in a jiffy......then windexed any excess residue, then wash and wax.......

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well then....

I've got 6 badges and 4 or so ideas, perhaps I'll try them all....

Thanks a bunch guys, I'm really stoked about this little truck and the possibilities....keep watchin the 'mod list'....

Cheers,
Russ

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
try to find a can of stuff called "bumper sticker remover"

just spray that over the badge, and let it run into/under/over it for a few seconds, then use an old credit card, and in like 10 seconds, you will have pulled the badge off...then just follow up with more of the spray, then buff with a towel, repeat for all badges, then wax.....we did a buddy's truck here last week from start to finish in about 5 minutes....waxed and all..:D:D:D

K

·
0 Posts
I heated mine and used a pop-cicle stick to pry it off and then used some stuf call Acrysol, to get the glue off...worked great got good results, you can go to any parts store or body shop and buy the acrysol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts