S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The White
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks so much better with out the emblems. If any of you guys have not done it. trust me it looks great. You wont regret it. I can try to get pics up but thats doubtful anyway just really happy with them
:guitar:

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
ya that was the cheapest best looking mod i did to my truck.....i even to the ls stickers off....looks sweet...of coarse i like that plain no sticker look....

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
its fairly simple...i used high test fishing string behind it, by "flossing" it back and forth and using a heatgun...its kinda time consuming but they come off...the ones on the cab i just got hot with the heatgun and peeled it off with my finger nail....for a little while after you remove them dust wants to stick to where they used to be so u can see chevrolet in dust but after a few washes it stops doing that....

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
I took all but the ls stickers off, does it look better with them off too???
my truck is black so you can hardly see them anyway.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Yeah, I think it looks better with the LS off. I took everything off except the LS and debated whether or not I should, then I went ahead and took them off too. Looks much better, IMO. Oh, and to take them off, I used a credit card to pry up the emblem, slipped a zip tie behind it to pull it off, and WD-40 to clean up the glue. Worked great. :thumbup:

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
does anyone know how to take the chevrolet sticker off the tailgate that goes all the way across? also the dealership sticker?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I just took the chevrolet one off last weekend... I took a thin credit card and started it at the corner and went up along the thin side so I could get the whole sticker peeled in one long pull.

Basically after I got the side started, I just folded the non-sticky side of the sticker against the unpeeled non-sticky side and slid it across it (The way that I found that keeps the most goo on the sticker), and about every inch, fold the sticker over top of itself (if you don't, the sticker stretches and eventually rips). If it ever splits, make sure you take the credit card and even it back out w/ the rest of the sticker so it pulls evenly again (mine had some holes and scratches in it, so it separated a few spots). When you get the whole sticker off, I took wd40 on a rag and rubbed the sticky stuff off.

About the dealer thing... depends if it is a badge or a sticker. If it is a badge (mine was), I just ripped it off and cleaned the sticky stuff off w/ wd40. If it is a sticker, just do like the Chevrolet sticker.

Also, after you clean off the sticky stuff w/ wd40, you should probably wash the car and wax it (I don't think wd40 is good to leave on the paint for a long time). Taking the sticker off does make it a lot cleaner looking... Here is a pic of the back of my truck.

DogP

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
you mentioned heating them up... with what?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
use a blow dryer to heat them up.....and there were no holes in my xtreme on the side....on the xtremes it says xtreme not s-10 thats why i was pretty sure there were no holes......

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Nope, no holes in any of my emblems, not even the big ass chevrolet on the tailgate.

·
Resident Know-it-all
242 Posts
Hi all:

Not to be a smartass or anything, but for '94-'97 LS's it's not that easy. The front bumper has holes in it for the black/chrome LS trim piece. Also, the front and rear bumper endpieces have a recess molded into them for the trim that goes on the side of the truck. If you really want to shave all of that, you have to replace the front bumper and front/rear endpieces with those from a non-LS truck (or aftermarket, of course).

Regards,
John.

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
I think I used my finger nails to get the sticker from the dealer off, it was a ***** but it was definitely worth it. I am going to take the LS sticker off the cab when I get my truck back. 2 weeks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts