S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LoL..okay, i know that title is confusing, but this is what i want to do. I have the autoloc 50lb shaved door handle kit, an autoloc alarm, and an autoloc remote start. I was just wondering if all of this could be installed and function just like i had the doors shaved until i actually get the handles pulled out and shaved. In other words, i dont want to have to get the alarm and door kit installed seperately. Can it be done? I think it would also be kinda funny to pop open my doors with the remote and still have the useless handles on there.

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
logicaly it should work, probably not a bad idea either, just so you can get used to always keeping your keys in hand and whatnot(i've only done that a couple of times after parking my truck in my garage) also if you havent thought of a back up plan, it'll give you time for that too, one to get under the hood in case of a dead battery and access to a fuse which should be under the hood as well. also a backup incase of a loss of the remotes...

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, the kit came with backup buttons, but i think im gonna put in some kind of hidden hood release so i can get to the battery if it dies.

·
Color Changin Member
1,375 Posts
are you asking if you can install the solenoids and disable your handles. Or keep the functional handle until you shave them............well either way it should work. I had my driver door with a solenoid in it with a non-functional handle for a few weeks.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean..keep the handles until i get money to get em shaved, but they will me non-functional. That way, when i have my alarm installed they can wire everything up to work right and all i have to do is save up to get the handles taken out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts