S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
//NC\\
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gettin ready to shave my doors on my truck and some of my friends said that it is illegal to shave the door handles off in VA (which doesnt surprise me) but if anyone has any info on this could u please help me out on it. thanks

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Not sure in your state but if it was I think its illegal cause when u get in an accident they can't open your doors.

But I ask what if the doors are locked on a regular car.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Yea I don't mind if they bust my window if I have shaved door handles. As long as I live then the truck can be repaired.

·
Early Member
3,167 Posts
Check with your State police or local police.

·
Short Bus Anonymous
7,034 Posts
B95 said:
Check with your State police or local police.
:stupid: Here in MI, I went down to the police dep. and they said it was legal, now I've heard some people say it wasn't in other states...

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Silent Warrior said:
wouldnt shaved doors be extra security?
Yea unless they have they can get the same code thats in your remote for the poppers.

·
www.OUTLANDISHTRENDS.com
375 Posts
where are you at in VA?...the Division 1 Field HQ for the VA State Police's number is 804-553-3444...ask if you can talk to an officer that is there because you have questions regarding your truck...i did this for a project last year and i got to talk to an officer...plus, that HQ is 3 minutes down the road from me on Brook Rd in Richmond...hit me up on AIM - FI ISTAYLO, if u got aim

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,480 Posts
I dont see how they could be illegal, in a emergency all they would have to do is break a window to get into the truck, that would be like you having your doors locked and get into a accident, they would have to do the same thing...

·
Registered Abuser
2,375 Posts
yeah, and alot of cars now have the self-locking doors. Put it in drive and ..clunk! ...the doors are locked

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
chevync said:
I dont see how they could be illegal, in a emergency all they would have to do is break a window to get into the truck, that would be like you having your doors locked and get into a accident, they would have to do the same thing...
Exacly what I was sayin. Thats just what I heard but I think it may have applied at the dragstrip.

·
//NC\\
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im in south western Va its like 5 hours from richmond i think. ill prob just call the state police office that is about 15 mins away and ask em about it

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
the only place i know that shaved handles are illegal is at the dragstrip, but i was stationed in VA for 4 years and they do have some stupid laws. So best bet is to call.

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
ive heard w/ a heavy duty magnet you can open locked doors

1 - 20 of 22 Posts