S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
What y'all watchin HOES!?
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup all,
Just wondering if anyone knows how to wire a shaved door kit into an already installed alarm kit to work with the alarm remote? I have a viper alarm system, and the FBI kit that comes with 2 solinoids, 2 relays, and the metal cables for pulling, and each solonoid has 2 wires coming from it, one black and one white. Thanks for the inputs!!
-Pete A.

·
illusivedreams.org
3,878 Posts
Crazygenius13 said:
Sup all,
Just wondering if anyone knows how to wire a shaved door kit into an already installed alarm kit to work with the alarm remote? I have a viper alarm system, and the FBI kit that comes with 2 solinoids, 2 relays, and the metal cables for pulling, and each solonoid has 2 wires coming from it, one black and one white. Thanks for the inputs!!
-Pete A.
Looking to do the same with my clifford alarm. Dont have the shaved door kit yet though.

·
What y'all watchin HOES!?
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That should be dope, I can't wait to do it!!! I am kinda leaning towards taking it to a custom shop for just the install, and then do the body work myself, but I want to do all the work myself just to say I did it. Either way, anybody have suggestions or ideas, or help please. Thanks

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
i did it with my factory alarm. what you do is locate the alarm brain and use a test light. hold down your accessory button usually a star for trunk pop or something, probe the harness until it lights up. i still have mine like that but i just got a new alarm with more outputs so i can have the passenger on remote also. this is why it cost me 20 bux to shave my door handles. my friend who works at a stereo shop sold me 2 trunk release solenoids. they are the magnetic ones that everyone in the mags sell. i got em for 9 bux a piece. and then wired it to my alarm.

·
Color Changin Member
1,375 Posts
I just bought two solenoids by themselves for $30 each. I used two aux channels on my alarm and bought two new relays. Works like a dream.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
they are the same solenoids used to open trunks like on caddy's they have been pullin hard enough to open my doors for well over a year. plus i can get into my truck with a coat hanger in like 3 minutes... i have been locked out a few times without having an extra actuator. on 2nd gens you can pull the door out enough to get a coat hanger in there in the top corner and its real easy to grab the interior door handle.

·
illusivedreams.org
3,878 Posts
00s-ten00 said:
they are the same solenoids used to open trunks like on caddy's they have been pullin hard enough to open my doors for well over a year. plus i can get into my truck with a coat hanger in like 3 minutes... i have been locked out a few times without having an extra actuator. on 2nd gens you can pull the door out enough to get a coat hanger in there in the top corner and its real easy to grab the interior door handle.
Great just what we all needed to hear.....here come the break-ins!

:thumbdown

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
hey my truck doesnt even have locks i shaved em so if someone wants to steal my shit go right ahead i'll lose a bunch of money when i go to sell it anyways...hahahaa

1 - 12 of 12 Posts