S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Finally Bagged
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't remember where I heard this from but I like this idea for an emergency backup for my shaved doors and I'm not sure if it's possible.

I remember hearing instead of installing the button somewhere you could put a positive and negative terminal somewhere on the truck and run the wires to one of the actuators on my doors. That way if the battery died you could just use jumper cables and pop the door that way. I thought about mounting the two terminals on the frame somehow.

It seems like that would work out just fine? The question is could it somehow damage the brain or anything else? I'd rather go this route with my emergency backup if it's possible.

Any info would be great!

·
Bovine on NOS!!
1,231 Posts
I don't remember where I heard this from but I like this idea for an emergency backup for my shaved doors and I'm not sure if it's possible.

I remember hearing instead of installing the button somewhere you could put a positive and negative terminal somewhere on the truck and run the wires to one of the actuators on my doors. That way if the battery died you could just use jumper cables and pop the door that way. I thought about mounting the two terminals on the frame somehow.

It seems like that would work out just fine? The question is could it somehow damage the brain or anything else? I'd rather go this route with my emergency backup if it's possible.

Any info would be great!
Search harder......The answer is in the AVS forum...LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts