S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to shave my bed. Not my tail gate handle, or even my tail gate (with a cali combo), BUT the entire bed. The sheet metal came from the only supplier and it was the best piece they had. Its rusted and a lil warped but with a little work it will work out great. You can see in the pics that it doesnt "shave" the entire bed. Keep watching this project to see what is going in the back of the bed. Its an idea me and a friend came up with.

Attachments

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A close up of how close the tack welds are together. There is a gap of about 1/8in between the sheet metal and the bed side. I think the tack welds will be strong enough to fill in the gap

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And I belive this one is a close up of some of the tacks ground down. I am posting so many pics of the welds because someone requested them.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will continue to post pics as I do the body work and as I complete the rear section. Like I said, I am doing something totally different for the rear.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Diablo said:
hell yeah!! I'm getting ready to do mine here in the next 5 weeks..

urs on 2nd gen, and mine on 1st gen!! we own =-)
Well, if you need any help or advice just ask. I will help if ya need any help. BUT when you see what I am doing you better not copy it, lol.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have taken it off alot. I feel like takeing my bed off is a hobby, lol. Everything is bolted to the frame of the truck and the bed floor has been cut out so the stuff can poke into the bed

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Synfull said:
weld all of those tacs together or the bondo will be able to shrink and it will look like shit
I had my instructor look at it and he told me just to weld some beads on it, so I am going to weld beads a few inches long about a foot apart then let it cool and keep doing that untill its totally welded. Thanks for the advice though

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
What did u use for supports under it? 1x1 or did u not use any? Also what gauge metal? Gonna look sweet when u are done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts