S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
STRONG LIKE BULL
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have to re-paint my truck again soon and was wondering if any of u have shaved anything from your truck befor.
i was wanting to shve my attena.
i was thinking i could just take it out and fill the hole with some bondo (i no its evil but i works ok, if done properlly)

can i do this?
i know u can fill small holes with the stuff but this ones a little bigger then most. i shaved the holes on the bed rails for hooks to smoth it out

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
don't see why not.....bondo should work just fine........

D

·
0 Posts
just weld in a lil metal plate to fit and grind it down. it shouldn`t take long as a normal bigger shave would. god knows you dont want it get to hot and the bondo fall out lol

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
bondo doesn't fall out that stuff is good as hell........

·
STRONG LIKE BULL
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was thinking to weld in a little peice but the welder i got here isnt that strong. we had a good one but it craped out and dosnt work anymore. anyways i dont think the little one willl do a good job

·
sick & twisted
1,385 Posts
i got a CH walmart welder and i cut a lil filler panel and welded it on, make sure u dont fully weld it, just tack it cuz the metal will warp. after grindin it down, layed a lil bondo and sanded and primed it. a cheap welder should do the trick as long as u put a few nice tacks on it.

·
Draggin body member
1,134 Posts
yea, hes right, if you fill the hole with bondo, that means its going to crack out sooner or later....if its that thick, that shit sucks, if its about an 1/8" or less, its perfect.

·
Drop N Destroy
4,712 Posts
Wire Welder is the best welder for body work weld a little piece in hole grind the welds down sand it down bondo sand some more until all smoothed with no high spots or low spots :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts