1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kit is better and worth the money.
SPAL 40lb kit and poppers
AUTOLOC 50lb kit and poppers

Also need some ideas for back up entry in to my vehicle. I dont want anything that is obvious. I was thinking of a obvios latch for the hood with electric buttons inside engine bay for each door, with access to inline fuses from there. And maybe one manual backup
Because who would hit the latch and then look around on the firewall for a small button

·
vertically challenged
88 Posts
From what I've seen from SPAL, Autoloc is easier to wire up. I've installed a SPAL kit on someone elses truck and wasn't too impressed. I don't want to steer you wrong, I haven't installed an Autoloc kit yet but from research it looks a lot simpler and more durable. You can also piece together your own setup.:cool:

As for a hidden button here is what I've seen: behind gas filler door (obvious), inner fender well (dumb, who hasn't seen that?) super small switch in cowl vents, under driverside bed rail (not obvious but tricky to pull off especially hiding wires)

You can also use a hood release latch in the inner fenderwell and run through your door. I installed one on a 82 Chevy FS whose owner wasn't concerned with security.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
yeah i have a SPAL 40lb kit. i bought the kit without poppers (came with 40lb solenoids and everything else i needed) off ebay for like $120 i think. i bought the Autoloc DP3500 poppers because they are supposed to be some of the best. i like my spal kit though, no problems and i thought wiring it in was pretty easy, but i have also never done an autoloc kit to compare it to.

·
Registered
960 Posts
i just bought a spal kit on ebay for $82 bucks shipped

·
Registered
432 Posts
i got the spal and it works great, my back up is under my hood release the hood and connect the wire to a hott

my 2 cents

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went and bought the SPAL kit on ebay for $111 shipped. The people are sellin for godfathercustoms her store name is californiastylin. I also got a set of autoloc poppers with the kit

·
vertically challenged
88 Posts
The Spal kit I installed had the full alarm mode came with two hidden buttons and two remotes, the guy bought two of them off ebay for $60 a piece. If I could find them that cheap I would definetly buy one. The last time I checked on em they were selling around $100. So yeah if you find a cheap Spal kit, buy it because they work good, but for $100 I'd go Autoloc. Thats the point I was trying to make without stepping on anyones toes.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts