S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I noticed my hood is shaking while at high speeds. Not only my 93 Jimmy, but my 89 blazer did too.. more the blazer than the jimmy, but it doesn;t look cool. Is there some thing I can do to make it stop or is there something I have to replace? thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
another option if your weatherstripping is worn out/missing is to use a piece of 3/4" heater hose slit lengthwise and slipped over the cowl lip at the top of the firewall. It makes a good seal and stays put. Doesn't look bad either! Just a thought.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey,

I use to have a bug guard on my truck and it made the hookd shake, I removed it and it does not shake anymore...a freind of mine has the same thing on his 94 blazer, installed a bug guard and it shakes now.

Dunno if you have one or not tho

Scott

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I do have a bug shield. hmmm. I never thought of that. I am still going to buy a new seal, 13 bucks at the dealer and see if it fixes the problem.

Mike

·
pcload letter wtf is that
112 Posts
I have the same problem, and yes the bug sheild does cause this. It creates low pressure on your hood which allows it to shake, instead of the air hitting the hood its deflected up and over, you can watch this if you ever get snow on your hood and drive down the road. a patch about 1foot will not blow off......but...if any of you can find a way to remedy this problem let me know....:soap:

·
pcload letter wtf is that
112 Posts
yeah its in the rear of the hood, tried the hood bumps stops but to no avail....thanks anywayz :bowtie:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts