·
Professional Insultant
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
I hate speedbumps
165 Posts
Nice start.

I see where u put that it doesn't hold Cd's, but in there it can actually hold 8 cd's or whatever, im not sure why there is a smace for casettes.

·
murse
13,200 Posts
looks good. i like the color. i say bag it. but thats wut i always say..lol seriously, do wut you think is cool. dont let us tell you wut to do with your truck!

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Definitely a nice start for sure. Things to make it look a little better put some clear corners, S/S mirrors, drop it some. If it doesn't have a roll pan do that.

·
wish i had bags
2,047 Posts
its a nice truck, but from reading your car domain you have a lot to learn, a K&N and a throttle body spacer probably isn't going to give you 40 hp, and 'supremium' gas isn't really good for our trucks, in fact the higher resistance to burn can cause the fuel to ignite on the power stroke instead of the combustion stroke, resulting in damage to engine, its something that would take time to cause a serious problem, but running on 87 or 89 is probably just a better idea, especially with how expensive gas is

·
Professional Insultant
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, did some research, on the intake and stuff, probably need to update my entry, I did a few of the things I say I want to there. Thanks for the tips, I ran about two tanks of 91 octane, and I really noticed the differene in acceleration, but most of the time I get 89 plus gas, or regular. I was thinking of doing a little drop, I'd like a little rake on it, something like drop the front to Xtreme stock height 2?'' And the back maybe one inch or leave it as is, since my rear shocks are blown, and new ones may raise it slightly, I hate having the back look lower than the front. I'm getting the LS bumper/valance on it. Hoping it will hold up slightly better, I creamed the other valance. Plus I like the looks of the LS one more, looks more stock/clean. I got a cd case on my visor now, paid the extra 5 bucks for the one with the chevy symbol on it, match set with my floor mats, and the steering wheel cover too. I was going to put a skull on my tailgate too, haven't got around to it. Don't want to much decalling, but clean and shaven blends in to much I think. Had to get the tires with the white lettering, nice and knoby.
Got a lot of riducle putting all terrians on a 2wd, but I love them, really throws the mud up in the air, and had a nice feel to them on the road.
I'll get the front end repainted the factory black, and new valance and update. Was thinking of working some fog lights into the LS valance, going to need to get it so I can look at it and see how easy it'll be and if it'll look good. Just want to fog lights so I have a switch to play with while driving, I was going to get a cb, and maybe wire an old speaker in my grille for fun. I have to drive a lot and I need something to do, and draw attention to myself.

Not a bad Idea, putting a speaker behind your grille, Friend of mine did it, funny as hell, play some real cheesy music out of it, or get a sound effects cd and play it. Going to see about wireing the cb, or microphone to it to just directly yell things out of it.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
think I'm going to buy a K&N FIPK too, with a throttle body spacer. Which should add about 40 horsepower, bringing me up to 150-160ish, I raced that sonoma, and he has the throttle body spacer and FIPK, whiped me good, wasn't even close...

is that right for a 2.2?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
roadlet_411 said:
think I'm going to buy a K&N FIPK too, with a throttle body spacer. Which should add about 40 horsepower, bringing me up to 150-160ish, I raced that sonoma, and he has the throttle body spacer and FIPK, whiped me good, wasn't even close...

is that right for a 2.2?
40 hp :rotf: :rotf:

no where close.And a TB spacer will not gain you any hp. It will lose you some

·
Professional Insultant
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Yeah, 20 hp gain is what that site claims, it's more around 6 hp, but still makes a significant difference. The sonoma I raced just had the fipk and throttle body spacers and beat my stock truck by about a cars length from stop light to stop light.

Looks like cardomain is having trouble, I'll fix it later.

SlammedXtreme913
were u from? i'd take that astro van for $300
South East Idaho.
Yeah, it was a sweet Astro lol, I drove it for about a year, and we've owned it since 1986, has the 4.3L, 4 barrel, slow as hell. It broke a wrist pin. I was broke, and had abslolutly no other transportation, I kept driving it, went 550 miles anyway, engine finally just siezed up. I planed on putting a v8 in it, but funds and my lack of skills wouldn't let me, it was sold for 300 to a guy who's going to use it for his flooring busines.

the 2.2 is pretty slow, really slow, but I'm really liking the gas miledge. Sadly my s10 is actually the fastest out of my buddies and me, toughest competitor is a 91 corsica. :haha:
I heard the s10 tanks are 18.? gallons, is that right? I get paranoid when the gauge gets close to the red and fill up, and not real sure.

Girlfriend likes it, that's what really counts "Tiny trucks are cute" I think is the sentence she used. she's more into trucks and mudding than I am I think, she's getting a Jeep Wrangler.

Guys that drive little trucks don't need to compensate for anything.

Thanks for the comments.

·
wish i had bags
2,047 Posts
the guy that was driving the noma might have just been a better driver, those 2 mods might be good for like 1/4 of a car length

·
Professional Insultant
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh yeah, he is. He's been driving the noma for 2 years, and had a 5 speed Talon before that. I just got my truck in december and it's the first clutch I've ever driven, I was a little worried about stalling it so I didn't drop the clutch, just let it out the floored the pedal. I've been working on my launch and, nothing to brag about, but not bad. Just a little chirp off the line and into second. I'm kind of self taught on the shifting, right now I'm getting back on the gas as the clutch is coming out and it seems to work pretty good, just keeps the RPMs up. Is there a better way?

It seems pretty peppy 0-50 then it really bogs down, I race my friend in his 2.2L corsica and I smoke him off the line, but his car pulls better above 50mph. Same with my parents 2000 venture, ahead all the way to 60 or so pulling away, then the van will start gaining back, it's extra 2 cyls. helps. :(
I was told because the Vortec engines are more towards torque and don't have much of a top end speed. That 70mph barrier is tough to break in these 2.2s Then when it does you wonder what compleled you to do it, since it's so loose and squirmy at 90.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts