S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i have a question for ya's. My jimmy is starting to show its age in the suspension catagory and i was thinking of makeing a set of shackles for the rear to make up for some of the sagging leaf's. This is not a perminant fix. I plan on getting new rear leaf's in the summer so this will be just till then. I want to add 2 extra inches of length. Now i do tow a little not a lot just my snowmobile trailer and a little box trailer, at the most 2000 lbs. Would this have much of an effect when i tow by adding longer shackles? and also how much extra hight do you's think i might gain in the rear? i'm looking for an extra 1 to 1.5 just a little extra lift. Any help would be great thxs

·
Jake
30 Posts
yea u can put shakles but i really don't like them becuz i've broke them with every day driving. so on my S10 i'm puting a flip kit and blocks

·
Go Vols!
408 Posts
Im getting a set of custom built shackles from a guy off of zr2.com actually the check is in the mail, hes a master welder and for the time being he only has 2" lift shackles for sell($55) ill get the link for you, some my say get AALs but Ive heard they have a really rough ride(dont know) Cknaffle shackles----http://forum.zr2.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=000044

·
LS1 in the making
191 Posts
You can make your own shackles.
All you need is a 9/16 drill bit, about 4 feet of 3/8" by 2" steel, and a welder.
cut 4 9" pieces and 2 3" pieces. drill a hole one inch from top and bottom of the 9" ones and weld the 3 inch piece about in the middle to make the 3" gap.
Should look like this l=l kinda.this hives you a 7" eye to eye shackle and about a 2 inch lift.

·
Registered
733 Posts
jps2345 said:
Im getting a set of custom built shackles from a guy off of zr2.com actually the check is in the mail, hes a master welder and for the time being he only has 2" lift shackles for sell($55) ill get the link for you, some my say get AALs but Ive heard they have a really rough ride(dont know) Cknaffle shackles----http://forum.zr2.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=000044
he knows how good C knaffle shackles are i showed him mine when i got them and when i put them in, i believe he said to me " dam thats thick metal, those arent going to break ", but hes more of a fabricator himself and he would like to tackle a job like this, only reason i dident make mine was, i heard chris was the man, im lazy lol and oh im lazy, but if i set my mind to it i could have done it, just might have taken me a few months, lol jj

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol nice way to word im lazy hahaha thats great, and he's right i'm more of a fabricator, if i can build it myself i will before i have someone else do it for me mainly for the reason of i can tell people hey i did that myself and i have made quite a bit of stuff thats on my truck, ram bar, hitch and receiver, fabricated custom oil cooler adapter lines, and my list goes on lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts