S-10 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 393 Posts

·
*2nd nature fabrication*
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
got everything i need so now ill be getting it done this week hope to have the frame done with the irs an pull it out clean up the weld splatter an paint it

·
SLASH - S.I.C. St. Louis
2,440 Posts
here ya go man you can thank me later lol.

wow, those bags look really stressed when layed out... anyone snap a pic of this thing partially or fully aired up?

·
*2nd nature fabrication*
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
ok ill be done with it tomorrow but my camera is still broke so idk whats up with it and my computer is messed up also wont let me down load stuff and it said i have a trojan horse virus how do i get it off?

·
Registered
197 Posts
wow, those bags look really stressed when layed out... anyone snap a pic of this thing partially or fully aired up?
True, they do look a little stressed, maybe you could use this as a template and build some "adjustability" into the top and lower tubular bag mounts...so they could swivel, then tighten them up with a big ass nut and bolt combo and Loctite the bitch up once you set it where you want it.

It looks like if you could rotate the top bag mount upwards like two inches, the lower bag mount might be ok.

Hell maybe make the upper and lower bag mounts threaded like the end of a link bar, so you could spin it to adjust it? That may work cause the one end would swivel (up/down) that fit into the bushing, and the legnth could be adjusted by rotating it in and out of the tube with the jam nut.

I don't know i'm just taking shots in the dark here, I don't know how elaborate you are going to get with the rear end, just offering suggestions.

That rear end setup looks cool though, just needs to be tweaked slightly and it would be perfect.

Good luck brother, looks good!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Nah I knew that, but I figured you hadn't decided how you were going to tackle your rear end yet. Maybe you had and I missed it? My bad, sorry if you figured yours out already.

But if you used this as a guide to doing yours, (if this was the kinda setup you liked) I figured it would be cool with some adjustability built in.

I'm a pretty standard guy, bags on bars or over/behind the axle...I don't stray from that much.

But if this was something you were looking for, figured i'd offer my 2cents is all.

Take it easy bro!

·
*2nd nature fabrication*
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
yeah i already got mine done pretty much. but thanks and the reason for that setup is because he is using a irs and cant mount the bags like you can on a straight axel setup but thanks again tho

and this is going to slow down again mom just had a stroke

·
*2nd nature fabrication*
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
haha maybe one day you will things have been crazy i havent done nothing to the frame for awhile i no :( but ill get to it got better things i got to do 1st

·
*2nd nature fabrication*
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
thanks.
yeah i hope so but just found out a family member thats in prisin has 5 more years to get out and he just found out he has cancer and tey only gave him 5 years to live things seem to go from good to worse really fast been crazy lost 7 people not even a year ago and then all this other stuff.\

back to my build i plan on starting back on it this weekend

·
*2nd nature fabrication*
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
also i wish i never had the prject name living broke ridin rich cuz it seems to b true bout the broke part cuz i got laid off a month ago and cant find another job

·
Registered
423 Posts
yeah sorry about not calling you back the other day, i have been kinda busy with the interviews and the house buring down and the baby due monday, lol. i dont have a lot of time to myself right now but you should come up to clarksville on monday, i might let you hold my son. lol
welp gimme a call after 9 if you can cus thats when its free for me, but i'll talk to you later,
bj green

101 - 120 of 393 Posts