S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Aye! Sea Turtles
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going for an AirLift bags...
Airlift 2B6 "2500" 180PSI Generation II Single 1/2" Port
SMC Valves 1/2" (These +/- goto switches, right?)
Viair 450 Compressor (How do I connect this to Tank?)
8 Port 5 Gallon Air Tank (1/2" ports) (Don't need all 8 ports, just there)

Of course I would need hose to run the 1/2" lines. But The questions I have about the front are up there. Also wanted to ask about those tubular control arms, instead of using brackets and welding in new shocks couldn't I just use those? What did all you guys do? Just curious to what's cheapest and most efficient!

:cs:

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
cheapest and most efficient is welding on relocators and buying some shocks to go with 'em.

As far as the Valves... the (-), black wire, gets grounded on the frame, and the red (+) wire goes to the switch box.

Compressor has a 1/4" NPT threaded end on the leader hose, so you just need a 1/2" x 1/4" reducing bushing to install on the tank port, then connect the leader hose to that

Whatever ports you don't use, just buy some 1/2" plugs, and put 'em in the ports.

·
SK= Midwest's Elite
4,906 Posts
ahem....just my suggestion but...http://s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69609

pretty much what you had goin on, except a 5 gallon tank, but you can upgrade i believe for just a bit more...plus that comes with shock relocators and the whole shootin match, because i hear you lose lift with the tubular arms....plus it has a key element that you forgotted, dumps :p

EDIT: and toggle switches, and relays, and a pressure switch :troutslap

·
Aye! Sea Turtles
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not going to be able to take advantage of that right now, have to wait for tax returns baby!

My setup above would work, but I should not use the tubular control arms? What all do I have to do if I don't use those? Was going for a pretty much bolt-on setup...replacing the control arm would be a snap!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts