S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which setting should I chose for my hypertech for the fuel octane? Im running 89 constantley but the only two choices are 87 and 93...so what to do?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes definitly not worth 400 dollars or w/e it is new but thats why i got it used...and i think im just going to play with it and try to see a difference..

·
Starting from scratch...
3,349 Posts
They may not be worth it for the "advertised" horsepower gains, but for the adjustable parameters, (gear ratios, tire/wheel change, etc.), they're pretty handy, especially if you switch to different wheels/tires for winter use, or soemthing like that, and don't have the funds for a Jet DST setup, or something similiar.
That being said, you can usually find perfectly good ones that have only been used once or twice all over Ebay for around $200, or even cheaper sometimes. (I mean, you program the thing, then leave it in a box for a couple of years until you sell the vehicle, how bad of shape could most of them be in?)

·
I turn.
2,555 Posts
I didn't have any pinging issues with the premium tune running 91 octane. maybe individual trucks react a little differently depending on mods?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They may not be worth it for the "advertised" horsepower gains, but for the adjustable parameters, (gear ratios, tire/wheel change, etc.), they're pretty handy, especially if you switch to different wheels/tires for winter use, or soemthing like that, and don't have the funds for a Jet DST setup, or something similiar.
That being said, you can usually find perfectly good ones that have only been used once or twice all over Ebay for around $200, or even cheaper sometimes. (I mean, you program the thing, then leave it in a box for a couple of years until you sell the vehicle, how bad of shape could most of them be in?)
:werd: 200 used and its all worth it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts