S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
StepIntoTheDark.com!!!
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do we go about resetting the computer.. I have a feeling it was because of the IAT mod. I have done nothing else and it's running fine. if there is really a problem it will continue to set the Service engine soon light off then I will take it in..

Thanks

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Disconnect your battery, leave it disconnected for about 15-20 minutes. Reconnect your battery, drive it around the block, reset the time on the cd player.

Computer reset.

·
General L33
1,947 Posts
also check your gas cap. I let my little girl help me fillup the truck, she put the cap back on, but it wasn't tight enough. That will set the ses light off.

If you correct the problem and don't reset the computer, within three fire up cycles (starting the truck) the computer will clear the code and reset itself.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
It doesnt take 5 minutes- 60 minutes to reset the computer. Just take off the neg. cable for a few sec's then put it back on. Reset , all done.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I want to know if I installed the IAT Mod. and I forgot to reset the Computer, what will it happen??? Or if I reset the computer now, I will get more HP??? Some advice please !!!!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Any mod like that , that you do, the computer will learn faster what to do with it if you disconnect the Neg, term. vs. letting it run its course. If you dont disconnect the batt, it'll take up to 500 miles to properly tune for a mod, the computer has your driving record stored in it and takes awhile to find that you have changed it, thats all!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks you for the advice. So this week I feel the truck run faster than last week, maybe the computer learn it after the 500 miles. But Can I disconnect the battery now to see if it can run more faster ???? My friend told me to disconnect it for 20 minutes and then start it and run the maximum rev from first to second. It can help the computer to learn a powerful setting.....Is a theory from him......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts