S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I started my truck up after work tonight I noticed the SES light come on and stay on. Now I did not notice anything out of the ordinary with the way the truck was running, no loss of power, all gauges were reading properly. I do have the o2 simulator, I was wondering if other people with the sim noticed an SES light in either the cold weather or wet weather? We just had a big snow storm over the weekend, I was thinking that the simulator could have gotten wet somehow and maybe this would cause the SES to come on. I haven't been able to look at it because it is dark outside, but I will check the sim out tomorrow. I will have access to a scan tool this weekend but was curious if anyone else had noticed anything like this.

·
Banned
770 Posts
mine throws 02 sensor codes all the damn time
i have a exhaust leak so i guess thats why

i notice when it gets cold, or if i drive for more than like
30 miles at 1 time the light comes on

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may have a small exhaust leak as well in the y pipe, I just noticed it a day or two ago, nothing major really but I did hear some ticking under there when I was revving it. I'll check it out this weekend, thanks for your input. Mike

·
Norcal
120 Posts
if u have a 4.3 2002 with no cat does it matte if the 02 is plugged in or not? I have no cat andthe 02 sensor was plugged in like normal cuz the muffler guy welded it in the straight pipe. i unplugged the 02 from the harness and it runs the same.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if that is the problem with mine then yes it runs the same and just throws the code I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts