S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've got a 01 with the 4.3 liter. It's got just under 58K miles. I was driving down the highway....about 70....when all of a sudden the ses light came on. The engine was running normal and I didn't notice a difference in the way it was running. Now I'm hoping that it's just a sensor, Like an O2 sensor or something. I'm kinda leaning this way cause' there has been a nast spell of "sulphur" coming outta my exhaust. I'm thinking that maybe it's that....but I'm not sure. I'm a little worried cause this is the same way my mustang started out before it quit running altogether. So.....please help....I can't afford a major problem.

ps: the light stays on...doesn't flash

·
www.cleanx01.com
761 Posts
mine came on. . i had my friend hook up the tech 2 to it. . it threw some emission's code.. so he errased it. . guess what? its back on .. :(

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Id like to fix it before something big happens....

·
Just order a large Farva
657 Posts
Take it to your nearest auto-zone and they will check out your computer for free and tell you what code it is and tell you what the problem could be.......its great because its FREE!!

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Yeah sounds like it could be an o2 sensor code of some sort, my SES came on last week and like you I noticed no difference in how the engine ran or performed, used the scanner and it came up as bank 1 sensor 3 high input, which is the post cat o2 sensor. I have the simulator, must have gotten wet or something but it went off on its own on the way to get it scanned, erased it and hasn't been on since.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I figured it ou. My dad that sometimes, if the gas cap is too loose then it will cause the ses light to come on. I didn't think nothing of it....until i filled up on gas. (I was on empty when this happened). Anyways, I drove like 3 blocks and BAM...it went off. Don't know if that was the problem...but it's not shining in my face anymore so i'm gonna forget about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts