S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so i was jus goin to the gas station today and my service engine light came on so i went to auto zone to have them read the codes for me. it said coolant temp regulation, well they told me that my coolant is low and need to refill it, so i bought a bottlwe ands refilled it, then they told me if its still on its my thermostat. well i turned it back on, waited a fewminuites lights still on, so i went to advanced auto parts and had them pull the codes for me. same code, coolant temp regulation. they told me that the mixture of the coolant isdifferent from what the truck calls for and i need to flush it and fill it again. and all this is doing causing the truck to take longer to warm up. someone tell me there theory, what should ido about all this? i just bought the truck a month ago at a dealership, its a 2001 4.3 sfi auto tranny. is it safe to drive. the temperatures been running fine. help me out guys.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didnt even look at the code number, they just told me coolant temp regulation and told me there theory.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright. im gonna go back up to autozone tomorow have them read the code, im gonna copy the number down and also have them erase it, maybe i was just low and when i refilled it, it didnt reset its self. but do u guys think it is safe to drive if the temperature is still running right near 200

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump, is my truck still alriute to drive everyday?

·
carries a gun at work
1,984 Posts
i'd get it figured out and watch ur temp guage but it should stil lbe drivable, gas milage might suck tho if its in limp home mode

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok cool, i think i am going to get it figured out tomorow, im gopnna go get the code cleared then im gona tke a ride up to the dealer where i bought it, pick up my hard tags and have them check everything out since the powertrain warranty is still good. i've only had this truck for less than a month

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
does ne one kno since i added some coolant like the autozone lady said, do i need the computer reset to get a correct reading and to see if my problems solved

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
why not just take it to the dealer with the light on and go....wtf is this, warranty this problem right here and right now?

Caleb

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
also wouldnt mixing green w/ dexcool cause a more noticable reaction?...but yeah autozone should print you out a receipt with the codes on them...they did it for me when i threw a code...also if it is a t-stat its an easy fix and a good excuse to run a 180* or 170*

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
whats a 180 or 170 t-stat do. im engine stupid. well i went to auto zone today and got the code pulled again and told the lady i wanted to see the code so i can run it online, she said ok, we go outside, i knew from lookin at this bitch she was dumb and didnt know what the hell she was doin. well she doesnt show me the number like i wanted but the code read coolant temperature regulation below thermostat level. well i filled up yesterday on my coolant so i told her to erase the code. lets hope it doesnt come back on. ran frine today, i drove about 100 miles today, i went and finally picked up my hard tags, no more rockn the temps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts