S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well on my way home last night my service light came on. My engine is still running fine, nothing out of the ordinary happened and i wasnt beating on it. Ive already checked the gas tank cap, its on all the way, and i disconnected the battery for 15 minutes and the light still stays on. Im assuming its just some sensor or somethin. Is there something common that goes wrong with these engines??? Ill find out what it is tomorrow when i go to work. I hope its not anything serious though cuz i dont want to waste any money on it. Ill let ya know what i find out..

·
Rollin' Low in the 619!!!
409 Posts
Mine was the heater went out on the O2 sensor, but be for warned there are 2(yes two) sensors. The one on the exhaust manifold is $65 and some changes and the one behind the cat is $102 and some changes!!! Ouch

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Sensor will come on with a bad tank of gas. It will also come on at the regularly scheduled dealer service intervals...15k, 30k. It's there way of getting you in to than rape your ass for the service..Could also be a sensor also. The best way to clear the code is to disco both battery cables.. If the truck is a 98 and up they use a dual or positive ground so disco only the negative doesn't work. Could also pull the fuse in the underhood box that says ecm. Just remember to put it back in with the battery disconnected. ecm's dont like voltage spikes..

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Yeah, my light came on when I was on a trip and I got some gas in Bumf*ck Mississippi. When I got home, I disconnected both battery cables for a half hour and it was gone after that. :thumbup:

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i guess mine must have just been the gas tank cap because it went out on the way to work this morning....at least i dont have to waste any money!!:bowdown:

·
I rape little boys
1,329 Posts
SOMETIMES..IT TAKES AWHILE FOR THE LIGHT TO GO OUT..B/C THE COMPUTER HAS TO RUN/pASS SO MANY TEST AT A CERTAIN POINT...BEFORE IT SAYS....Ö.K EVERYTHING IS GOOD"AND TURNS OUT YOUR LIGHT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts