S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
duh huh
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '03 just rolled over 16000 +/- and my light came on yesterday. I went to Auto Zone and had them hook it up. Said "Emmision Control Leak(small)" He said to check the gas cap, I did. I did need a new air filter, it was pretty dirty so I figured that was it. I disconnected the negative terminal and it didn't reset the light, still on. What am I missing? I can't afford the 100 dollar service deductable right now so I'm stuck. I think it was the filter so I just want to reset it to see. I used to have a '99 jeep wrangler and you just had to turn the key on and depress the gass pedal 5 times(i think it was 5) and it would give you a sequence code that was available on the web, can't find that site but it may have been just for jeeps.
Thanks,
Chris
[email protected]

·
Registered
697 Posts
not a gm thing. fords also have that thing about showing a code. we have to use obd2 scanners. VatoZone should have reset it for you so the light would go out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had something similar happen to me. It could be an O2 sensor. SOMETIMES....and i say SOMETIMES on newer cars the service engine soon light comes on every so often just as a reason to bring the vechical to the dealership and have them find something wrong with the vechical to charge you out the ass, or just make u pay them to reset the light. I know that mitusubishi does this and a few other companies...not sure about GM.

·
Registered
697 Posts
yeah its all a friggin conspiracy to keep the S-series man down. :jester:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts