S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im driving home today and i go to pass a slow car and i hit the gas pretty hard but not floored , the trans downshifts from OD into 2nd (cuz we were doing about 35-40) and i hold the gas down and it shifts into 3rd at maybe 4 grand or a little higher i wasnt watching the tach but then my "service engine soon" light comes on and stays on the whole way home (but it still ran fine) so i get home shut it off then turn it back on and the light goes out , i check under the hood and all is fine. now this is about the 3rd time its happend to me and i was wondering if anyone else has had this happen or knows what might cause it?

BTW this is a '92 4.3 tbi truck

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
first off thanks for the help so far, ok i checked the codes and i got a 43, "43 Electronic Spark Timing (EST) Circuit - low voltage detected" so any ideas on how to fix this and why its happening in the first place?

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
check to make sure your knock sensor didnt come unplugged its behind the driver side valve cover on the top of the block. also check the wireing for it. it runs up to the module on the firewall by the power block.

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
problem solved

thanks for the help guys, turns out it was a ground wire had been broken off when the truck was in that accident, so i repaired it cleared the computer of the codes then went out and beat the piss out of it to see if it would show the code or any again but it didnt so everything is all good now thanks :headbang:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts