S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After porting and polishing my factory MAF and leaving the battery disconnected for about a half our, reinstalled and other than a slightly ruff idle until it went closed loop it seemed to run sweet. more snap off the line, nice tip in at part throttle. NOW THE FRIGGIN PROBLEM...After about 30 miles of highway and town driving, shut the truck off for about a half hour and upon restart, my service engine soon light is now on. Truck is still running sweet. Disco'd the battery for 10 minutes and light is still on. Any ideas. Dont want to go to dealer with a modded maf so any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
try disconnecting the battery a little longer like 30 minutes

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks y2k. Appreciate it. Why would it take that long for the codee to pop up. Seems weird to me. Truck still runs great...

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
it's just a computer thing mine took 30 minutes to reset the airbag code when i tripped it wiring my ignition hmmmm gm doesn't need to know about that one

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
um.....no geuss not.. :) LOL Thanks alot bud I'll try it tom. Have a good one. Bobby

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
o yeah make sure you disconnect the positive and negative connections kill all power to it

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See thats why I love it hear. now that I think about it I dont remember reconnecting crankcase vent . OH WHAT A DEEK I AM. Going out now...Thanks Guys

·
Wide Stance Ownz Joo
31 Posts
02REDXBLAZE

DId disconnecting it work? Im having trouble with my SES light too, after working on the MAF and the TB. It runs like a friggin dream, but now that stupid light wont shutup. What do you think gives?

·
2sl0w
54 Posts
When i messed with the MAF screen my light came on, all i did was run it down to the local autozone and had my budy reset the computer with their diagnostic machine. alot easier than fooling with the battery. (and it gives u the error code too so if u missed plugging in a sensor)

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
02Red, The light comes on because the engine senses more air
then it is calibrated for and it is trying to set the fuel curve to
match. Disconect the batt longer. Sometimes it will adjust it self
after a period of time.

·
2sl0w
54 Posts
Redid my MAF just like mentioned above, its nicley ported and polished in warm dry weather it is great, alot more throttle response etc. But when it rains it bogs down idles really badly, and performs literaly liek the 2.2 even when it is floored. the rpms go up but there is no acceleration then about 2 min later the check engine light comes on and i have to go to autozone and clear the error code (0101) mass air intake error. any suggrestions should i disconn the battery????? do u think the hppIII would solve this ?

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I know its a stupid question...but did you put it back in with the flow the right way....you didn't put it in back wards did you..I know there are people on this board that have done that and had the same problem...

·
2sl0w
54 Posts
ill check it out.... hopefully that is all that is wrong. after about 30 minutes of driving it evens out nd performs excelent but the light stays on.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mc, Make sure you disco both battery cables. When I originally did it I only disco'd one and couldnt seem to clear the code. Also, remove them for about a half hour at the minimum. Residual voltage on the board for the ecu will hold the code for awhile even after battery is disco'd. When you reconnect it back up, start it up, let it idle for about 10 minutes than take the thing out and do about 3 - 4 FULL throttle runs through the gears. OBD II does much better learning new MAF settings this way. Hope this helps

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just to let you guys know one thing about the OBD2 and dealerships...Even though you are not showing a SES light on your dash, it still stores it in the computer, which the dealer can read at anytime. It tells the dealer the code, how many miles you were at, speed, RPM and other engine functions. Just a heads up if you are that worried about concealing these types of things from the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My SES light came on when I took my MAF screen out but went out after about an hour. No problems since then. I really didn't notice much increase in power though.

·
B-TOWN JIMMY
37 Posts
How would pulling the fuse for the ECM work?
for maybe 5 or 10 minutes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts