S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my tensioner pulley on my 1992 s10 blazer, got the belt on properly according to the diagram, but now when you start her up she sounds "clunky" any ideas on what would cause this?

·
Premium Member
2003 Sonoma SLS ext. cab 4.3L / 4x4
901 Posts
I just replaced my tensioner pulley on my 1992 s10 blazer, got the belt on properly according to the diagram, but now when you start her up she sounds "clunky" any ideas on what would cause this?
What brand was the replacement?

·
Premium Member
2003 Sonoma SLS ext. cab 4.3L / 4x4
901 Posts
Just a couple of guesses - are all of the bolts fully tightened down, are all tools present and accounted for (or anything else that shouldn't be in the engine compartment), are all of the ribs of the belt properly seated in all of the pulleys, was the belt inspected for any possible defects (delamination, debris, etc.), are all of the pulleys aligned with each other?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
31,216 Posts
Post a video on YouTube and post the link hear...with sound of course..

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Did it have this noise before you replaced the pulley? Is the tensioner springing back putting tension on the belt? I've seen some tensioners not fully spring back when they are relieved of tension.

·
DILLIGAF
475 Posts
Mine does it too. I changed it out and the replacement does it also. It's only at idle. I attribute it to the two alternators I'm running.
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

1 - 6 of 6 Posts