S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I have a big Jimmy
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 s10 dropped 3/3 (spring/block). about a couple weeks ago I noticed that when i let off the throttle it feels like the rear shifts to the right an inch or two. it's enough that i have to correct it with the steering. get on the gas and it pulls back to the left. i have checked the entire rear suspension three times and nothing is worn out or loose. i have never came across a problem like this and can not figure it out. i've talked to several people and they have never h
-ard of it either. anyone help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
i noticed the same exact thing on mine today and i have nooooooo clue. i dropped the back 3" last week and today after an 3 hr roundtrip road trip i noticed it

·
Dr Tiki says:
116 Posts
sounds like your u-bolts are loose and possibly a broken lowering block. did you recheck them after 200-300miles after install, they'll look tight but their loose

·
Dr Tiki says:
116 Posts
you may end up disasembling the rear suspension to see if ur blocks broke inside(most blocks are built like a brick-hollow)check ur front spring bushings and the springs themselves

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ck your tire pressure? Did you rotate your tire lately? Do you feel it in the truck shifting to the right in the steering wheel, or your seat of your pants?

·
your opinion sucks
2,890 Posts
Mine has done this for a couple of years, before and after lowering blocks.
Nothing loose, nothing worn. I'm nearly bald from scratching my fvcking head about it.
I'll buy a beer for the first person to give me the solution.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
it would have to be either the centering pin on the block is broke off and the axle is moving around on top the block ever so little, or the bottom of the block is broken and the whole block and axle assembly is moving on top the leaf spring.

Or as another slim chance... are the leaf spring bushings bad at all?

·
Registered
560 Posts
casey53 said:
Mine has done this for a couple of years, before and after lowering blocks.
Nothing loose, nothing worn. I'm nearly bald from scratching my fvcking head about it.
I'll buy a beer for the first person to give me the solution.
i just want the beer lol grab a tape and measure from the center of the front hub the the rear on EACH side...make sure they the same distance. Also, check the tire pressure.

·
your opinion sucks
2,890 Posts
95LoeschNoma said:
i just want the beer lol grab a tape and measure from the center of the front hub the the rear on EACH side...make sure they the same distance. Also, check the tire pressure.
All has been checked................repeatedly.

·
I have a big Jimmy
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tires are fine (less than a month old). i might end up having to pull the blocks to check them. and to Whodaheck99 i feel it in the seat then have to correct with the steering wheel. its usually worse at highway speeds but sometimes around town it feels like my back end moves six inches. i have checked all bolts three times and all is fine. all bushings seem fine, no play. i have even whatched my rear tire in my mirror and can't see it move at all. if it's not the blocks then i have absolutely no clue.

·
Registered Drug User
933 Posts
i once had a shitload of probs hit me all at once, including focked u-joints, bad driveshaft, and some shit went bad in the pumpkin including losing the posi from the previous probs that just focked everything else down the line. everything else made a noise that made me aware of the prob, but losing the pos did nothing weird, EXCEPT for giving that "shifting" feeling when giving it gas and letting off of it. not as much from a standstill, but VERY noticeable at any cruising speeds....just a thought.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts