S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright here is what i have so far, ive removed my stock cd player and tryed to put a kameleon in it but it only would take the cd in and then power off and when you hit eject it would but then power off. i thought it was just the cd player but then i hook another up and it did the same thing. both people claim the cd players worked fine and i have no reason to believe they didnt. all the wires were right also, what the hell is up with this.
any help is apreciated, it really sucks driving with no tunes.
thank god for the flowmaster

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how and what would that solve or do

·
AWD > j00
3,357 Posts
brings more control to your experiment, if it doesn't work when you plug it str8 up to your batt. you know it's the head

sounds to me like there is something wrong with the head,, or you don't know how to use the CD player

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its the same for both cd players exactly

·
AWD > j00
3,357 Posts
pop your hood and plug them directly inot the battery and see if they work, if they work fine then you know that the problem is in your factory wiring, if they don't work, it's the CD players themselves

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what wires the red and yellow

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
had the same problem with 'el kameleon,in a motor home.all was atributed to mounting angle and (duh) rear support.it was wierd,like it had a mind 'uv it's own

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats funny cuzz this is the same cd player doing the same thing

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no they are used

·
Registered
325 Posts
Those HU's had some many problems with them. Ribbon cables, rollers, pickups, solder connection, reflectors, shocks, ... I'd look elsewhere.

But still bench test them. Red wire, yellow wire to B+. Black to ground. Don't bother with speakers but make certain the speaker wires don't short. Keep it level.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts