S-10 Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

· Project: Sabriel
Joined
·
12,550 Posts
for starters, a BX1500D Hifonics Brutus amp, 2 RE SE 10's, and a 2 gauge wiring kit from knuconceptz. then, when i get my 9807 HU, ill get a set of Kappa 6.5's and a set of Kappa 4x6 plates, and run them off an old component amp i have. it wont be nearly as nice as yours when you get everything you want, id bet.
 

· Captain Obvious
Joined
·
19,638 Posts
SMNW2003 said:
:lol: its already been brought! what you got?
Pioneer Premier 720 Head Unit

2 Alpine Type R 12s (DVC) powered by 2 RF Power 500a2s (98-99 series, not the new junk) at 2 ohm, Sealed box at 1.5cu ft after sub displacement, 3/4 MDF polyfilled

2 sets of Pioneer Premier components (4 mids 4 tweets) powered by a 400W Alpine V12 amp (forgot the model #)

It's not the greatest but it's getting there :D
 

· Primer Spots
Joined
·
3,765 Posts
LOT OF PEOPLE KNOCK 6X9'S, BECAUSE THEY ARE A OVAL SHAPED SPEAKER, SOME LOGIC ABOUT HOW THEY REPRODUCE SOUND ISNT AS GOOD AS A ROUND SPEAKER. PERSONALLY I THINK 6X9'S ARE LOUD AS HELL JUST HARD TO DEAL WITH IN A SMALL SPACE. I CONSIDERED THIS IDEA, BUT I NEED THE ROOM I ONLY HAVE ONE 12 AND ITS TAKIN UP ALOT OF ROOM.
CHRIS
 

· Project: Sabriel
Joined
·
12,550 Posts
yeah theyre loud, but sound like loud ass. its actually proven that an oval speaker cant reproduce sound as well as a round speaker.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
MuddyS10 said:
yeah theyre loud, but sound like loud ass. its actually proven that an oval speaker cant reproduce sound as well as a round speaker.
What about a star shaped speaker, a square speaker, an octagonal speaker, or a rectangular speaker? An octagonal speaker? What about a tetrahedronal speaker? A Polygonal speaker? :bah:
 

· Project: Sabriel
Joined
·
12,550 Posts
anything with equal length sides would, theoretically, reproduce sound accurately. i say theoretically because there is no need for speakers to be constructed that way. you forgot a triangular speaker.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
MuddyS10 said:
anything with equal length sides would, theoretically, reproduce sound accurately. i say theoretically because there is no need for speakers to be constructed that way. you forgot a triangular speaker.

No, that's a "Road hazard sign" speaker, everyone knows those don't work :nuts:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Xtant?
 

· Got V8?
Joined
·
3,263 Posts
wolfmangk said:
What about a star shaped speaker, a square speaker, an octagonal speaker, or a rectangular speaker? An octagonal speaker? What about a tetrahedronal speaker? A Polygonal speaker? :bah:
I figured Id bring Xtant into the picture since they make interesting polygon cones. That okay with you? :D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I totally forgot polygons. I take it they sound like crap? They sure like to brag on themselves though, damn.
 
41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top