S-10 Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

· Project: Sabriel
12,550 Posts
for starters, a BX1500D Hifonics Brutus amp, 2 RE SE 10's, and a 2 gauge wiring kit from knuconceptz. then, when i get my 9807 HU, ill get a set of Kappa 6.5's and a set of Kappa 4x6 plates, and run them off an old component amp i have. it wont be nearly as nice as yours when you get everything you want, id bet.

· Captain Obvious
19,638 Posts
SMNW2003 said:
:lol: its already been brought! what you got?
Pioneer Premier 720 Head Unit

2 Alpine Type R 12s (DVC) powered by 2 RF Power 500a2s (98-99 series, not the new junk) at 2 ohm, Sealed box at 1.5cu ft after sub displacement, 3/4 MDF polyfilled

2 sets of Pioneer Premier components (4 mids 4 tweets) powered by a 400W Alpine V12 amp (forgot the model #)

It's not the greatest but it's getting there :D

· Primer Spots
3,765 Posts
LOT OF PEOPLE KNOCK 6X9'S, BECAUSE THEY ARE A OVAL SHAPED SPEAKER, SOME LOGIC ABOUT HOW THEY REPRODUCE SOUND ISNT AS GOOD AS A ROUND SPEAKER. PERSONALLY I THINK 6X9'S ARE LOUD AS HELL JUST HARD TO DEAL WITH IN A SMALL SPACE. I CONSIDERED THIS IDEA, BUT I NEED THE ROOM I ONLY HAVE ONE 12 AND ITS TAKIN UP ALOT OF ROOM.
CHRIS

12,550 Posts
yeah theyre loud, but sound like loud ass. its actually proven that an oval speaker cant reproduce sound as well as a round speaker.

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
MuddyS10 said:
yeah theyre loud, but sound like loud ass. its actually proven that an oval speaker cant reproduce sound as well as a round speaker.
What about a star shaped speaker, a square speaker, an octagonal speaker, or a rectangular speaker? An octagonal speaker? What about a tetrahedronal speaker? A Polygonal speaker? :bah:

12,550 Posts
anything with equal length sides would, theoretically, reproduce sound accurately. i say theoretically because there is no need for speakers to be constructed that way. you forgot a triangular speaker.

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
MuddyS10 said:
anything with equal length sides would, theoretically, reproduce sound accurately. i say theoretically because there is no need for speakers to be constructed that way. you forgot a triangular speaker.

No, that's a "Road hazard sign" speaker, everyone knows those don't work :nuts:

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Xtant?

· Got V8?
3,263 Posts
wolfmangk said:
What about a star shaped speaker, a square speaker, an octagonal speaker, or a rectangular speaker? An octagonal speaker? What about a tetrahedronal speaker? A Polygonal speaker? :bah:
I figured Id bring Xtant into the picture since they make interesting polygon cones. That okay with you? :D

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I totally forgot polygons. I take it they sound like crap? They sure like to brag on themselves though, damn.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.