S-10 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
you dont need to put the 12's in the dash...bass is unidirectional sound and it doesnt matter where the source is if the sound is below 100hz. and odds are your 2 12s wont be playing above that frequence ever.

· Registered
55 Posts
you know you love...and tempe needs to go back where he belongs

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
gregshorte said:
at least i used to drive an s-10
What persuaded you to switch to the Dark Side? Don't you listen to Yoda?

· Registered
55 Posts
hey y'all dont bash too much....just werent any cheap s-10 when my blazer crapped out last year...this ford's being a POS so hopefully itll be rid of soon

· Registered
40 Posts
So basically what would be ideal would be 6.5's in the doors or kicks and 4x6 plates in the dash with the subs in the back.
Does that sound like a decent setup or at least better than the rear pillar speaker setup???
Anybody tried it yet???

· Got V8?
3,263 Posts
Headless said:
So basically what would be ideal would be 6.5's in the doors or kicks and 4x6 plates in the dash with the subs in the back.
Does that sound like a decent setup or at least better than the rear pillar speaker setup???
Anybody tried it yet???
That would be how mine is setup now, even my relatively low end equipment spanks all of my friends :D

· Project: Sabriel
12,550 Posts
SMNW, what exactly do you have running now? im gonna hate not knowing 1/4 of what you do about audio and be running a nicer system. seems wrong, for some reason.

· Got V8?
3,263 Posts
whahahaha, its all good, im a college student with no job and very little money.
Alpine 9813 HU
Infinity Reference 4x6 plates SOLD
Infinity Reference 6.5 components
2 12" Alpine Type S Subs
Homemade box
Alpine sub amp with about 350w going to the subs
Pioneer 4 channel bridged giving the 6.5" 100watts each

Im looking to sell everything except the headunit, for a big upgrade :D

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
gregshorte said:
hey y'all dont bash too much....just werent any cheap s-10 when my blazer crapped out last year...this ford's being a POS so hopefully itll be rid of soon
I'm not bashing ya bro. Ford is all my father drives, the older stuff is alright, but the new stuff is getting better. I'm a Chevy person through and through, I own 3 chevy trucks right now. Rangers aren't bad pickups, I know a few people who drive them.

· Registered
60 Posts
Well i wouldnt say that components behing me are bad for imaging. I have the alpine pxa h700 5.1 surround sound processor. Running Alpine type r componets in my doors, and alpine 4x6 plates in the dash, The the rear channel is running 2 sets of eclipse componets in the rear extended cab windows mounted in custom boxes and then 4 alpine type r 12's in the back. It sounds great and the surround sound affect is better than in my living room. By the way i have a bose surround sound in my living room. So dont knock it if you havent heard it. Personally i dont like 6x9s but they will do the job nicely.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.