S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am building a custom box incorporating 2 6x9's and 2 12" speakers. Should I separate the 6x9's internally within the box from the subs, or should they be OK together?

Thanks!

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imperialc00 said:
DEFINITELY separate them.
Woohoo! More work. Ideally, how much room should I give the 6x9's? (Inside) However, as it is, it's pretty cramped inside so I might only be able to give them an 'immediate' area.

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MuddyS10 said:
guess it gives you that "surround sound" kinda thing? i havent owned an xcab so i never experimented with that...maybe i will when i get a Blazer.
As it is I might just be disabling the door speakers. I won't disable the front windshield ones though.

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SMNW2003 said:
:yikes: I guess you guys dont like imaging...
Does it have anything to do with being a metrosexual?

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Ja, that is a good point, but I can't fit 2 12s in the dash! Unless I cut them into many small pieces and glue them to it. I wonder how it would sound... Besides, the windshield speakers have some highs to them. And there's always tiny piezo tweeters!

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
gregshorte said:
at least i used to drive an s-10
What persuaded you to switch to the Dark Side? Don't you listen to Yoda?

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
gregshorte said:
hey y'all dont bash too much....just werent any cheap s-10 when my blazer crapped out last year...this ford's being a POS so hopefully itll be rid of soon
I'm not bashing ya bro. Ford is all my father drives, the older stuff is alright, but the new stuff is getting better. I'm a Chevy person through and through, I own 3 chevy trucks right now. Rangers aren't bad pickups, I know a few people who drive them.

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
MuddyS10 said:
yeah theyre loud, but sound like loud ass. its actually proven that an oval speaker cant reproduce sound as well as a round speaker.
What about a star shaped speaker, a square speaker, an octagonal speaker, or a rectangular speaker? An octagonal speaker? What about a tetrahedronal speaker? A Polygonal speaker? :bah:

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
MuddyS10 said:
anything with equal length sides would, theoretically, reproduce sound accurately. i say theoretically because there is no need for speakers to be constructed that way. you forgot a triangular speaker.

No, that's a "Road hazard sign" speaker, everyone knows those don't work :nuts:

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Xtant?

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I totally forgot polygons. I take it they sound like crap? They sure like to brag on themselves though, damn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.