S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Project: Sabriel
12,550 Posts
why are you putting 6x9's behind you? ideally, you want to mids and highs coming from in front of you, and only bass from behind you.

12,550 Posts
guess it gives you that "surround sound" kinda thing? i havent owned an xcab so i never experimented with that...maybe i will when i get a Blazer.

12,550 Posts
hm, i might just make it possible to add a set of 6.5" on my sub box, instead of putting the Infinitys in the door.

12,550 Posts
SMNW, what exactly do you have running now? im gonna hate not knowing 1/4 of what you do about audio and be running a nicer system. seems wrong, for some reason.

12,550 Posts
for starters, a BX1500D Hifonics Brutus amp, 2 RE SE 10's, and a 2 gauge wiring kit from knuconceptz. then, when i get my 9807 HU, ill get a set of Kappa 6.5's and a set of Kappa 4x6 plates, and run them off an old component amp i have. it wont be nearly as nice as yours when you get everything you want, id bet.

12,550 Posts
yeah theyre loud, but sound like loud ass. its actually proven that an oval speaker cant reproduce sound as well as a round speaker.

12,550 Posts
anything with equal length sides would, theoretically, reproduce sound accurately. i say theoretically because there is no need for speakers to be constructed that way. you forgot a triangular speaker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.