S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm just wondering if anybody knows where I can find some semi-low pro whitewall tires for 14" through 16" rims.

I need a 23" overall diameter tire that can either fit on a 14" or 15" rim and a 24" OD tire that can fit on either a 15" or 16" rim. I'd prefer the 15/16 combo if at all possible. I tried searching coker's website but there's so many weird tire sizes on there it was really confusing. If anybody knows any info that could help me out I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Dropped At Birth
136 Posts
layinbody31 said:
how the heck do you cut a whitewall into a tire?
my shop is in the straight ghetto, so many of my customers like the huge wide whitewall look. the downside to this is that not many tires, besides a vogue and some super expensive coker tires come with a wide whitewall. so the some of my customer buy a cheapo plain white wall tire from me and take it to this super ghetto "tire shop" and have the whitewalls cut to make them wider. the name of the shop is "Poor Man's Tire" if that says anything to you. i haven't seen the tool or machine that does this, but it is doable (spelling) however i would think it would ruin the structural integrity of the sidewall to start cuting it up. if you wanted to try, do it at your own risk. some of those sizes you mentioned are pretty odd and expensive. if you had someone cut the out layer to reveal the white ply under it and went too deep, it owuld be a pricy f*ck up:haha:

·
I hate my truck.
2,747 Posts

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts