S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Suicided Member
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a quick search and came up empty on the spacing question I have. I have the SPAL 40 lb kit and am installing it this weekend (well have the selnoids in place and ready to wire anyway). My question is how far extended should they be when I wire them to the door latch (i.e. how far extended do they sit at idle)? Should I extend them all the way out at closed, or would that cause potential prolems in the future with putting too much pressure over time on the latch, and thus breaking it? I am going to be using coat hanger wire to connect them to the latch just because I have heard too many people have problems with the crimp comming undone.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
582 Posts
my crimp will never come undone cause i pulled out the solenoid and latch after i got it where it needed tobe and then i put it in my bench vise and smashed the hell out of it, then i pretty much dipped it in JB weld after that and put it back in. no probs yet...

·
Suicided Member
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Suicided Member
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
crazy_s_dime said:
my crimp will never come undone cause i pulled out the solenoid and latch after i got it where it needed tobe and then i put it in my bench vise and smashed the hell out of it, then i pretty much dipped it in JB weld after that and put it back in. no probs yet...
Hahahaha JB Weld and duct tape will hold the world togeather one day:haha:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts